Groot Hoogsteen 19,
4815 PG Breda,
+31 6 22 907 906
Date of birth : September 29, 1963
Place of birth : Prinsenbeek (NL)
Nationality : Dutch
Career Objectives :
Being a member of professional teams or working for them, in a challenging,
international environment and managing financial, accounting, operations and
- Executive Master of Business Administration at Antwerp Business School in cooperation with Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University, Chicago (1998).
- Bachelor degree in Economics at “Hogeschool West-Brabant”, Breda (NL) (1992).
- Fluent in Dutch (mother tongue), English, German (written and spoken), French(basic).
- Bellance Financial Support b.v. – Breda
January 2008 – current
Owner, mainly working on interim jobs
Independent advisor and controller; supporting, (re)organizing, analyzing in
present organizations as well as project based.
– Despec B.V. in Sneek: issue the annual report 2007 according IFRS;
– Chart Ferox GmbH: provide financial reports during the year;
– Heijmans NV: controller at the headquarter office in Rosmalen, mainly
supporting activities relating to the refinancing and reorganization.
- Chart Ferox GmbH – (Chart Industries USA), Brosshauser Strasse 20, 42697 Solingen, Germany October ’99 – December 31, 2007
Director Finance & Administration – Group Finance Director
Chart is a leading global supplier of cryogenic equipment and services,
headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio. Chart has domestic operations located in 12
states and international operations located in Australia, China, the Czech
Republic, Germany, Belgium and the United Kingdom.
Purpose of job:
- Responsible for managing the accounting and planning functions for the group’s European operations / business (Germany, Belgium and Czech Republic).
- Key responsibilities include annual planning, quarterly forecasting, monthlyreporting and analysis.
- Manage the finance and accounting function of the manufacturing facilityin Decin, Czech Republic. Ensure proper processes and controls are inplace to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting with commentary for the operation.
- Responsible for volume planning and analysis for the D&S European business, ensures volume planning coordinated with manufacturing group. Ongoing analysis and commentary on actual performance vs. plan/forecast.
- Responsible for developing and implementing appropriate cost accounting processes for the Decin facility given key drivers of current costs and expected future costs (labor, materials, capital, etc.). This includes assessing current system environment and working with the division and corporate to upgrade/implement system improvements as necessary.
- Participate in management team meetings.
- Implementing JDEdwards, an integrated software application, in CzechRepublic.
- Negotiate with banks at the time long term loans are needed.
- Ensures all European reporting and forecasts are fully integrated with divisional and corporate standards. Actively work with divisional finance team in US to improve reporting processes and ensure local needs /compliance are maintained.
- Develop and maintain clear transfer pricing guidelines for the division that balance administrative simplicity with tax efficiency.
- Key driver of cost control planning and execution for European manufacturing and SG&A expenditures.
- Managing the completion of annual statutory audits and financial statements.
- Co-ordinate all external and internal audits (financial, quality, tax).
- Co-ordinate Sarbanes Oxley procedures within the European organization.
- Improvement of structure of the accounting and operation processes.
- Improvement of management reports and analysis reports.
- Improvement of Human Resource management in Germany.
- The integration between Germany and Czech Republic.
- Establish a company in Belgium.
- Integration of all European reporting and forecasts with divisional and corporate standards.
- Proper cooperation with divisional finance team in US.
- Business understanding.
- Better information available for making decisions.
- Implementation of JD Edwards in Czech Republic.
The BOC Group, Chertsey Road, Windlesham, Surrey GU20 6HJ, England
April ’99 – October ‘99
The BOC Group has an international portfolio of companies grouped for
management control and reporting into three business segments. These are
Gases & Related Products, Health Care, and Vacuum Technology & Supply
Purpose of the job and tasks:
- Helping the Directors of the Group form an opinion on the appropriateness and effectiveness of the system of internal controls, including policies, procedures, management processes.
- Carrying out audits of the Group’s operations using risk assessment and other techniques.
- Work closely together with the business managers to identify areas of risk in a rapidly changing environment and developing a good understanding of the business.
- Co-ordinate all work and client interfaces with the external auditors.
* BOC NV, Excelsiorlaan 41, B-1930 ZAVENTEM (B)
May ’92 – April ‘99
1) ACCOUNTING MANAGER BOC BENELUX (April ‘95 – April ‘99)
BOC Benelux existed of four legal entities, one in the Netherlands, one in
France and two in Belgium. The Benelux comprised several gas businesses as
tonnage, bulk, compressed and special gases and was responsible for the
bulk business in Germany as well.
- Coaching the senior and junior accountants according the mission and vision of our finance & accounting department.
- Supervision: 2 senior accountants, 1 credit controller, 3 junior accountants.
a. management accounting
b. fiscal and legal accounting
c. group reporting.
· Support people and help colleagues with financial information.
· Run the department in an effective and sufficient way.
· Being a member of the SAP-implementation project group.
· Act as a TQM facilitator.
· Changing Behavior of the junior and senior accountants.
· Structure of the department.
· Business understanding.
· Better information available for making decisions.
· SAP project ready for implementation.
· Continuing the TQM process.
2) SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (May ’92 – April ’95)
· Responsible for the BOC Gas BV and BOC SA entities; management
accounting aspects as well as legal issues.
· Start set up of asset register system.
· Restructure internal reports.
· Set up manuals for junior accountant function and senior accountant
· Supervision : 2 junior accountants
* CUGLA BV, Rudonk 6, BREDA, the Netherlands
May ‘89 – May ‘92
ASSISTANT ACCOUNTING MANAGER
· Responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash books and
· Responsible for management and fiscal reports on a monthly base.
· Implement new financial software package.
· Replacing financial manager during absence (2 à 3 days a week).
· Coordinating financial audits each quarter.
* PD Magnetics BV, Bredaseweg 108, 4902 NS Oosterhout, the Netherlands
August ’82 – May ’89
PD Magnetics, a joint venture of Philips and DuPont, was a producer of
magnetic products like video, audio and computer tape, with a sales, a
marketing, a research & development, a human resources, a stock & logistics
and a maintenance department. The distribution was done by an external
1) JUNIOR ACCOUNTANT (January ’88 – May ’89)
Being a member of the accounting department of AdVideo Benelux BV, the
distributor of all PD Magnetics products, within Belgium and the Netherlands.
2) SECRETARY QUALITY DEPARTMENT (August ’82 – January ’88)
– All kinds of sports.
– Organizing social and sport events.